Prof Peh Li Shiuan
Department of Computer Science,
School of Computing, NUS
On-chip Networks, Many-core Chips, Next-generation Wearables
Contact: 660 11734
PEH Li Shiuan joins NUS as Provost’s Chair Professor in the Department of Computer Science, with a courtesy appointment in the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering in September 2016. Previously, she was Professor of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science at MIT and was on the faculty of MIT since 2009. She was also the Associate Director for Outreach of the Singapore-MIT Alliance of Research & Technology (SMART) from 2014-2016. Prior to MIT, she was on the faculty of Princeton University from 2002. She graduated with a Ph.D. in Computer Science from Stanford University in 2001, and a B.S. in Computing from the National University of Singapore in 1995. Her research focuses on networked computing, in many-core chips as well as mobile wireless systems. She received the IEEE Fellow in 2017, NRF Returning Singaporean Scientist Award in 2016, ACM Distinguished Scientist Award in 2011, MICRO Hall of Fame in 2011, CRA Anita Borg Early Career Award in 2007, Sloan Research Fellowship in 2006, and the NSF CAREER award in 2003.
- Next-generation wearables
- Tushar Krishna, Arya Balachandran, Ben Chiah, Li Zhang, Bing Wang, Cong Wang, Kenneth Lee, Jurgen Michel and Li-Shiuan Peh, “Automatic Place-and-Route of emerging LED-driven wires within a monolithically-integrated CMOS+III-V process”, In Design Automation and Test in Europe (DATE), March 2017 (Best paper award).
- Tushar Krishna and Li-Shiuan Peh, “Single-Cycle Collective Communication Over A Shared Network Fabric”, In 8th International Symposium on Networks-on-Chip (NOCS), Ferrara, Italy, September 2014 (Best paper award).
- Jason Gao and Li-Shiuan Peh, “RoadRunner: Infrastructure-less Vehicular Congestion Control”, In 21st World Congress on Intelligent Transport Systems (ITSWC), Detriot, Michigan, September 2014 (Best paper award).
- Tushar Krishna, Chia-Hsin Owen Chen, Woo Cheol Kwon and Li-Shiuan Peh, “SMART: Single-Cycle Multi-Hop Traversals Over A Shared Network-on-Chip”, In IEEE Top Picks from architecture conferences, May/June 2014
- Emmanouil Koukoumidis, Li-Shiuan Peh and Margaret Martonosi, “SignalGuru: Leveraging Mobile Phones for Collaborative Traffic Signal Schedule Advisory,” In 9th ACM International Conference on Mobile Systems, Applications and Services (MOBISYS), Washington, DC, June 2011 (Best paper award)
- Tushar Krishna, Amit Kumar, Jacob Postman, Patrick Chiang, Mattan Erez and Li-Shiuan Peh, “Express Virtual Channels with Capacitively Driven Global Links,” In IEEE Micro Top Picks from Hot Interconnects, Jul/Aug 2009.
- Amit Kumar, Li-Shiuan Peh, Partha Kundu and Niraj K. Jha, “Towards Ideal On-Chip Communication Using Express Virtual Channels,” In IEEE Micro Top Picks of architecture conferences, Jan/Feb 2008.
- Li Shang, Li-Shiuan Peh, Amit Kumar and Niraj K. Jha, “Thermal-aware On-Chip Networks,” In IEEE Micro Top Picks of architecture conferences, January/February 2006.
- Philo Juang, Hidekazu Oki, Yong Wang, Margaret Martonosi, Li-Shiuan Peh, Daniel Rubenstein, “Energy-Efficient Computing for Wildlife Tracking: Design Tradeoffs and Early Experiences with ZebraNet”, In Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS), October 2002 (2017 SIGMOBILE Test-of-time award).
- Li-Shiuan Peh and William J. Dally, “A Delay Model and Speculative Architecture for Pipelined Routers,” In Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on High-Performance Computer Architecture (HPCA), January 2001 (Best paper award).
Awards & Honours
- IEEE Fellow, 2017.
- National Research Foundation Returning Singaporean Scientist Award, 2016.
- IEEE Senior Member, 2015.
- ACM Distinguished Scientist, 2011.
- MICRO Hall of Fame Award, 2011.
- Princeton Engineering Council Excellence in Teaching Award, 2007.
- Inclusion in “Princeton Engineering Commendation List for Outstanding Teaching”, 2007.
- Computing Research Association CRA-W Anita Borg Early Career Award, 2007.
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Research Fellow, 2006.
- Princeton University E. Lawrence Keys/Emerson Electric Co. Faculty Advancement Award, 2004.
- National Science Foundation CAREER Award, 2003.
- Princeton University Research Board Award, 2003.
- CG4002: Computer Engineering Capstone Project
- CG3002: Embedded Systems Design Project